Friday, May 3, 2013

RockeyComics' Afterthoughts on Iron Man 3


Well, the movie Iron Man 3 has been seen by yours truly. I've made a Vlog about it, it was my hot topic of the week, and now my first Afterthoughts. Well.....I liked it. But just because I like it, doesn't mean I don't have criticisms. For spoiler purposes, I won't go into full detail, but I will do my best to work around that fact.

First, we will start with Tony Stark himself. I'm digging the Mark 42, but it was really weak in the movie, and really the only cool part was it attached it to Tony without any machinery with it. Otherwise, it was beat up most of the movie, and there really was no core badass action with it like other suits in previous films. Like Avangers with the Mark 7, that suit was used and used beautifully. This one....not so much.
Also, on to Iron Patriot. I really liked what they did with the armor. I also like how Rhoady was shown really liking the name War Machine over Iron Patriot and had some funny scenes in showing how much he really enjoyed the name. But....there really wasn't much awesome action again like the previous movie where War Machine was introduced. Okay, one spoiler, Rhoady isn't the only one in the suit throughout
 the film. Fun fact for everyone. Sorry I will try and not give up anymore spoilers.

Oh and then there is this guy,the Mandarin. I.......Okay here is my brief rant. Was I right in me not liking the Mandarin in the movie? Yes, 100%. They made him humorous, awesome. Did I laugh? Yes. But as a hard core comic book nerd and knowing who the Mandarin really is and how he was hyped up in all the trailer and all the freaking previews as this ultimate villain and you did......I'll stop here. As just a movie viewer, the concept they used with the Mandarin worked well.

Finally, the use of Extremis in the film. It was dead on and I really liked it. It really matched up with the Marvel now Iron Man and it probably was my favorite aspect of the film. It also opens up a new doorway for Iron Man, *cough* extremis armor in his bones *cough* just like comics *cough*. Sorry did you say something?

Overall, I am not a critic and this is not a film critic blog. But, for the hell of it, I give Iron Man 3 8/10. With my rankings, Iron Man was the best, followed by Iron Man 3, and finishing off with Iron Man 2. I wasn't dissapointed, I enjoyed the film. Even the ending credits was funny and I enjoyed it. Just....I think my hopes were too high. Come on you come off a summer with the Avengers AND the Dark Knight Rises? You get your hopes up to the freaking moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment